The PPA Awards 2021
Article by Megan Walden
Fri 25 Jun 2021
Once again, publishers from far and wide came together to virtually celebrate another successful ceremony hosted by The PPA Awards 2021, on 23 June 2021. With a total of twenty-four awards across the evening, this year saw the introduction of three brand new categories:
- Best Response to Covid-19 Award
- Children's Magazine of the Year
- Subscriptions Strategy of the Year (proudly sponsored by ESco)
In attendance for ESco were Susan and Louise, who thoroughly enjoyed getting dressed to the nines to cheer on the PPA Award finalists in all categories… Especially those in the running for the two bonus awards, “Best Dressed Viewer” and “Best Team Photo".
From all of us here at ESco, we would like to congratulate all winners of The PPA Awards 2021, with extra special mentions to:
- The Big Issue for taking home not one, but *FOUR* awards, including “Best Response to COVID-19 Award” (sponsored by Air Business) and “Team of the Year”.
- Hothouse Media’s Peter Allen, for winning “Designer of the Year” for Magneto – again! Peter’s work was labelled “fresh, exciting, surprising and fun to look at”, with one judge even suggesting that "Peter may be the world's best automotive editorial designer". Congratulations, Peter!
- Immediate Media Co. for winning “Subscriptions Strategy of the Year” by driving remarkable growth with “The 1 million Sub Challenge!” – a category which was sponsored by ESco to recognise a brand that has maximised revenue through effective implementation of a new or enhanced subscriptions strategy.
The full list of winners can be found on the PPA Awards website.
Thank you to the PPA Awards for having us once again in its 41st year, and for yet another successful event – we hope to see you all in person next year!