PPA Scotland Awards 2021
Article by Megan Walden
Mon 06 Dec 2021
On Wednesday 1st December 2021, publishers from far and wide came together with the Professional Publishers Association in Oran Mor, Glasgow, to celebrate the successes of this past year at The PPA Scotland Awards (formerly known as the PPA Scottish Magazine Awards)
Along with the event’s new title and reflecting the ever-changing environment we operate in, this year introduced four new categories including “Brand Extension of the Year” and “Launch/Relaunch of the Year”.
We would like to offer our congratulations to all the winners and to those highly commended for all their efforts in the industry this year, with an extra special mention to our client, Holyrood Magazine (part of Dods Group), for their four wins and a highly commended:
- Holyrood, Dods Group, winning Business Publication of the Year
- Mandy Rhodes at Holyrood, Dods Group, winning Columnist of the Year
- Holyrood, Dods Group, winning Commercial Performance of the Year
- Holyrood, Dods Group, winning Photograph of the Year with “Kenmure Street”
- Andrew Learmonth at Holyrood, Dods Group, highly commended for Writer of the Year
The full list of winners can be found on the PPA Scotland Awards website.
Yet another successful in-person publishing event for the PPA marks the gradual return of a bustling, social industry that we all know and love. We have no doubt that the New Year has even more opportunities and successes in store for us all.