ESco introduces brand new show order system
Article by Megan Walden
Mon 02 Aug 2021
As the world begins to open up after a long period of standstill, we are slowly starting to see events beginning again.
With this in mind, we have been busy behind the scenes here at Trinity House, working on a brand-new show order system.
Our goal? To capture subscriptions and single issue products live onto our subs systems at events. The system needed to:
- be speedy
- reduce room for errors (paper show order forms can be a nightmare!)
- be safe – protect the data and store it away as soon as it is captured
- provide clear reporting
The system was developed, and tested internally and a live test drive was lined up. And the benefits?
- The customer doesn’t have to fill out any info!
- An instant order confirmation is sent to the email address provided
- The system diarises when the first issue is taken at the show, so the remaining sub is scheduled correctly
- Show staff can act as a mini customer service team, checking existing addresses and any live active subs
- Modulus checks are completed on Direct Debit orders ensuring correct details are captured before securing the order
- The publisher can view live reporting of total show orders as they are taken – great for motivation!
The system had its first test drive on 23 July 2021, when our ESco troops banded together to become the Fieldsports “Showgirls” at the Game Fair 2021 weekend, held at Ragley Hall in Warwickshire. Each dressed in their matching uniforms and armed with an iPad, our team set to work selling subscriptions (and enthusiastically petting a range of beautiful gundogs).
The experience was described by the team as “streamlined” and the system made order processing easy and efficient, which reinforced the professional manner we aim to maintain. All orders pushed directly into our subscription software and customers received confirmation emails before they’d even left the show.
All in all, the new development has been a huge success, and we’re really excited to see how all our clients can benefit from this as the events industry springs (unfurls) back to life. Hurrah!