Delivery Manager (Technology)
ESco is a publishing services bureau with over 35 years of experience, working for some of the UK’s most well-known publishers, providing subscription management, e-commerce, and data analytics services to name just a few. Based in Wethersfield, North Essex, we operate in a modern, purpose-built office with almost 60 staff. We value our staff highly, encouraging and rewarding hard work whilst aiming for a good work/life balance for every member of our expanding team.
As a Delivery Manager, you will be accountable for the performance of our development and IT ops team including the delivery of the products and services.
- Build and maintain the existing team of 8, ensuring they are motivated, collaborating and working well
- Work with internal depts to improve communication and processes with the delivery team
- Identify obstacles and help the team to overcome them
- Focus the team on what is most important to the delivery of products and services
- Encourage and facilitate continuous improvement of the delivery team by identifying opportunities for team training and skills advancement and implementing them
- Coach and mentor both team members and others to apply the most appropriate agile and lean tools and techniques
- Lead the collaborative, dynamic planning process - prioritising the work that needs to be done against the capacity and capability of the team
- Point of contact for client and supplier relationships, understanding how and when third parties should be utilized
- Engage with senior stakeholders, reporting directly to the managing director
Who are you?
- Experience of working with agile and lean practices
- Excellent communication skills; ability to: interpret the needs of clients, communicate complex technical ideas to a non-technical audience, manage stakeholders’ expectations and facilitate difficult discussions when required
- You can bring the team together to motivate and empower them to deliver, recognising and dealing with difficult issues
- You can facilitate the delivery flow of a team to maintain momentum, actively addressing internal and external risks
- Ability to identify where there is a need for change in a process to suggest and implement improvements or new process
- Ability to balance cost versus value; monitor cost and budget and report on financial delivery
- Ability to deal with the day to day as well as the bigger picture
- Have sound knowledge of SQL, web technologies and general infrastructure (no hands on requirement however)
- Superb career prospects, with opportunities to develop within a growing company
- Five weeks’ paid annual leave and bank holidays plus a day off on your birthday
- Excellent working environment (modern, purpose-built office setting with the peace and space of the countryside) with free parking.
- An attractive salary package based on experience and current skills
- The team. Simply. The. Best.
- We’re an Investor in People company - our people are important to us. If you’re successful, we’re successful
- Monday to Friday, 8.30 am to 5.30pm (40 hours per week) with one hour for lunch (except during busy periods when flexible hours will be required)
Send us your CV with a bit of blurb explaining why you’d like to become part of the ESco team, and why you believe this is the job for you to: Clare Gill, Business Operations Director, email address: email@example.com